Inspired by the blog, Three Beautiful Things.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Memory Lane, Beatrix Potter and French Press Coffee.

1. Recalling fond memories with my daughter, while searching through our family photos. Snaggle-toothed smiles, chubby cheeks, bad eighties hair, bad eighties clothing and Christmas morning on the staircase.

2. My daughter finds a stack of Beatrix Potter books, "BEATRIX POTTER, A JOURNAL" in the bargain bin while we are visting a bookstore. We both walk away with a copy. Although meant to be a children's book, the journaling and memorabilia make it a treat for the eyes and the soul. Both of my children have Royal Doughton Bunnykins baby plates, cups and bowls from when they were newborns, so Beatrix holds a fond place in our hearts.

3. After dinner, we have a cup of steaming French Press coffee, while Britt orders art supplies, Joe watches the History channel and I read my Beatrix Potter Journal, running my hands over every page, drinking in her amazing talent.

No comments: